Why Join San Diego Junior Golf?
Through the game of golf, the SDJGA brings together youth from all walks of life, endorsing positive social interaction, cultural diversity and other valuable life skills preparing today’s youth to make a positive difference in tomorrow’s world.
The game of golf will challenge any participant in many constructive areas including:
- Self-Discipline | Practicing to become the best you can be
- Respect | For the game, your competitors and yourself
- Integrity | Knowing, and abiding by the rules of golf
- Social Skills | Developing the ability to interact with others successfully
- Conduct | Adopting behaviors and attitudes that the game demands
- Maturity | Experiencing success, failure, potential and limits
- Balance | Achieving physical fitness and mental well-being
The San Diego Junior Golf Association has a long history of producing championship golfers, from high school State Champions to NCAA National Champions, and all the way to the PGA Tour in players such as Phil Mickelson, Craig Stadler, and Scott Simpson to name a few. But you don't have to be the best golfer on the course to have the experience of a lifetime. It is our goal to provide every junior golfer with the opportunity to learn the valuable life lessons they can use to better themselves on and off the golf course. Here are some recent quotes from current and former San Diego Junior Golfers:
"Playing in SDJGA tournaments has influenced me to act honestly in golf, school, and anything else I do. These tournaments have also taught me to respect my peers regardless of their backgrounds and cultures. Lastly, SDJGA has helped me develop the discipline needed to keep up with my classwork and extracurricular activities." - Daniel M.
“When I think of golf I think of SDJGA. It is where I learned to be disciplined, to feel the joys of winning, to deal with the disappointments of losing, to always do the honorable thing, and ultimately to appreciate the opportunities I’ve been provided.” – Courtney H.
"SDJGA has been a place where I have made many friends and family in an otherwise individualistic sport. I can't thank SDJGA enough for the opportunities it has provided, and I hope to one day have my children play in their tournaments." - Juliette G.
"SDJGA allowed me to play a game that I love in a competitive but friendly environment. I have learned valuable lessons such as honesty, determination, and how to control my emotions. SDJGA taught me how to conduct myself on the golf course, which translates to how I conduct myself in real life." - Sean H.
"Being a member of SDJGA, I had the opportunity to make lifelong friends at such a young age. I was able to grow as a player both on and off the course." - Bobby G.
Membership is open to all juniors between the ages of 5-17. All members are required to complete the Membership Application and successfully pass the Rules Quiz before their 2013 Membership is activated. The SDJGA Board of Directors reserves the right to make final decisions regarding issues of membership.
- Annual Fee
- $60.00 for San Diego Residents
- $110.00 for Non San Diego Residents
- Members will have access to the following:
- USGA Rules Book
- SDJGA Bag Tag
- SDJGA Towel
- Free entrance to the Farmer’s Insurance Open at Torrey Pines
- Members have the opportunity to play in all tournaments offered on the SDJGA tournament schedule
- Trophies and medals awarded to the top 6 finishers in each tournament
- Points awarded to the top 20 finishers in each tournament
- Opportunity to qualify for Callaway Junior World Golf Championships
- Top 6 player in each division will be honored at the SDJGA Awards Banquet in September
- Contact SDJGA
2851 Camino Del Rio S.
San Diego, CA 92108